WHAT TO DO IN THE AREA
Fun activities in the Underberg and Himeville areas. Find out where to eat with our list of local restaurants.
Activities in the Underberg/ Himeville Areas
(approximate distance from Oak Ridge in brackets)
- Trout fishing (pop in to NUD Sports at the Spar centre in town for visitor permits)
- Underberg Golf Club (12km)
- Drakensberg Gardens Golf Club (20km)
- Sani Pass Hotel Golf Club (33km)
- Mini Golf- Drakensberg Gardens Resort (20km)
- Garden Castle Nature Reserve (20km)
- Cobham (33km)
- Walking Trails
- Mountain Bike Trails
- Sani Spoors (@ the Olde Duck restaurant) (8km)
- Tubing and Canoeing – Pennygum Rafting and Tubing (7km)
- Horse Riding
- Khotso Horse Trails (4.5km)
- Underberg Cheesery (7km)
- Himeville Museum (19km)
- Kenmo Lake (25km)
- Sani Pass (50km)-PLEASE DONT FORGET YOUR PASSPORTS!! Only 4×4 vehicles permitted up the Pass (if planning on exploring on your own). We work closely with a local tour company (Major Adventures, Underberg) who offers day tours up the Pass and into Lesotho. If you would like us to book one of these tours for you, please let us know at time of booking so that we can arrange this for you ahead of your arrival.
- Kiddies play area and small animal farm – The Olde Duck Restaurant (8km)
- Health and Beauty facilities
- Blush (20km)
- Drakensberg Gardens Resort Spa (20km)
- The Old Hatchery (4km) – Open daily until 9pm (last orders at 8:15pm).
- Malachite Manor (6km) – Open daily until 9pm (last orders at 8:00pm).
- The Olde Duck (8km) – Coffee and light lunches.
- Lemon Tree Bistro (13km) – Open daily from 8am – 5pm. Open evenings Tues – Saturday.
- The Grind (13km)
- Lakeside Restaurant @ Castleburn Resort (14km)
- Drakensberg Gardens Resort (20km)
- Moorcroft Manor (20km) – Open daily until 9pm (last orders at 8:30pm)